As the quality of the camera we use gets higher , so does the space a picture takes to get stored. I’ve faced situations wherein I was unable to upload pictures onto Facebook, Google+ or this very blog just because the image was exceeding the upload limit.
What did I do then? Of course , I compressed the images , but then the picture I found myself looking at after compression , was of poor quality. To tackle this situation , we have featured a website , and a software made solely for this purpose.
Method One : The Website
This is one of the most efficient websites out there , when it comes to compressing images. CompressNow will let you compress the size of your image to any percentage you want , but go with 50% , as it always worked for us.
The lower the percentage you choose , higher will be the quality retention and compression. We’ve laid out the steps you need to follow below:
1. Head over to this link , which is the website itself and click on the ‘Upload An Image’ option from the HomeScreen.
2. Now , select the image you want to compress and set the compression bar ( the orange bar with a percentage) to 50%
3. After the image is successfully uploaded onto the website , click on the option saying Compress Now and wait for a few seconds.
That’s it , you’ll now have a compressed image with the same picture quality , but a far lower size.
Method Two : The Software
There’s this software called Caesium which works as efficiently , with added perks. But many of you may be wondering , why you should use a software rather than conveniently visiting a website and compress images whenever you want to. Well , we prepared a feature list of Caesium. With Caesium , you can :
1. Compress images to a set size to meet the requirements of particular social media sites.
2. Send compressed pictures via email
3. Compress images on the go: Download it’s USB Drive version.
That said , Caesium , as a whole , is a software , an app , a cloud compresser ( this feature is coming soon) and a lot more.
Do let us know about the method you used and the problems you faced , if any. Also , if you have another method in mind , feel free to comment